FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying first class is great until something goes wrong...
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:04 am
btonkid12345

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Christefan
That was my point. Delta's policy states that they will process the UG list of confirmed passengers BEFORE taking on first class standbys. Therefore you will never get into FC on IRROP since I can't remember having ever seen a flight with an empty UG list for first.
What policy are you referring to?

This is simply not true. If you are a paid F pax, you can voluntarily downgrade on the next flight and be confirmed on the flight. This is very different than being standby on the flight at all, where the UG list is processed before folks who aren't even confirmed on the flight yet.

However, on the upgrade list (not standby list) you should have been above comp UGs. If you werent, ask for a Red Coat.

They can make sure you are properly coded on the UG list as an inconvenienced, F ticketed pax waiting for an F seat/the upgrade.

I had this exact same scenario happen to me and the Red Coat who came said any customer, but especially DM can always ask for Red Coat for this type of technical assistance (as he said most purple agents just rebook without properly recoding you).