FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:59 pm
MrAndy1369

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by EWR764
Ditto for me on EWR-SEA. The lobster mac was adequate. I was a bit surprised/disappointed by this. The apple pie mini prior to arrival was nice but no substitute for the ice cream!

Edit to add... looks like ice cream is gone for all but the premium transcons, now that it's February. Way to go, United! Keep on chopping!

The cost-cutting never ends...
Wow. AA is now the only carrier to serve ice cream on all midcon dinners (emphasis for midcon) and transcon lunch/dinner flights (2200+ miles). DL seems to be similar to UA (no ice cream on any of the domestic sectors, other than "D1" coded transcons). I seriously hope AA won't follow.

I noticed this kind of thing goes in cycles. Back in 2010 or so, pmAA and pmCO were the only ones to have ice cream on its transcons (and AA still had midcon dinner ice cream). In 2014 or so, AA cut ice cream on all midcon dinners and transcons except for JFK-LAX/SFO and LAX-MIA, while UA had ice cream on all transcons. Now, it's the opposite again. DL's the only one of the three that had remained consistent (no ice cream on anything except for D1 transcons).

And, yes, I love my ice cream, you probably can tell.