FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can't find any flights. At all. Is it just me or...?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:50 am
TanyaHelenaP

Programs: BA Executive Club
Unhappy Reward flights blocked due to long first name

UPDATE: Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions!! After two weeks of investigating (including creating a dummy account, changing profile details, etc.) it appears that the issue is caused by my long first name. I can see the reward flights after using a dummy account with a shorter name, but this could be a problem because the full name is required for passport control.

After plenty of research and discovering that I can actually transfer my Amex MR points to KrisFlyer, too (I normally use them for BA/Oneworld), I signed up because I will be frequently flying within Southeast Asia (especially Thailand) and since Thai Airways is Star Alliance I wanted to try redeeming a couple of reward flights... only to find none!

I tried searching multiple dates within the next 30-40 days, multiple one-way segments such as Bangkok-Phuket, Bangkok-Vientiane, Bangkok-Saigon, Bagnkok-Phnom Penh, Bangkok-etc and found absolutely nothing. Just to check that I can find flights within SG, I also tried Singapore-London, Singapore-Taipei, Singapore-Hong Kong, etc. and found nothing. Each time tried multiple dates. And the search page takes ages to load too...

Is it just me or could there be a bug on the system since I just joined?
Do I need a minimum threshold of points before I can search?

Last edited by TanyaHelenaP; Feb 28, 2019 at 7:03 am Reason: Clarifying nature of problem