FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It has been 3 weeks - your experience with Fairmont / Accor
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:39 pm
rfrost

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
A quick update to the above post re the Savoy. I mentioned when I checked out how disappointed I was with my treatment, and that, while I would still return from time to time, I would not be staying as frequently as in the past. I don't know if it was as a result of that conversation, but my next stay was as good as any during my FPC days: room ready on my early arrival, even though I'd said it wasn't necessary, warm welcomes from many staff members, welcome note and amenity in the room. I suspect, though, that it was all due to the fact that I've probably stayed there 45 -50 times since the hotel reopened, rather than to my Accor Platinum status. On the subject of which, my sole disappointment was the arrangements made for the much-vaunted Accor Plat welcome drink--in a hotel renowned for (among other things) its bars, the welcome drink is not poured there, but is instead delivered to one's room, and IIRC is chosen from a list of only 2 wines and a number of non-alcoholic choices.