FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:49 pm
bedelman

Trying to redeem a BRG voucher. Best available rate on hotel web site is $116. Hotels.com offers $103. This would be a meritorious BRG (though who knows whether the BRG staff would approve it). But I don't want to file a new BRG for an ordinary paid stay. Rather, I want to redeem a BRG voucher. Of course I can use the BRG voucher on the $116 rate to bring it to $66... but really I'd prefer to use the voucher on the $103 rate, which is fairly the "best" rate in the market.

Is there a way to apply a BRG voucher to a stay with rate reduced by BRG? Feels like no: Have to book a regular rate (with no BRG voucher code) to file a BRG, and the result of a successful BRG is to reduce the rate. Could not later apply a BRG voucher code because the rebook process would rebook at prevailing rates, not at a rate manually adjusted by BRG staff.

Real catch-22! BRG voucher only usable on rates that are themselves not the best.