FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St Regis New York City NYC [Master Thread]
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:44 pm
spgplat21

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by derpelikan
I agree with you on the St. Regis Singapore. Since the new Management took over many perks were killed. But still the service is much better than in most usa hotels.

I dont agree that I am not allowed to expect fantastic service in an American St. Regis. The rate at the St. Regis BKK is usually aroun 250USD while the Rate at the St. Regis in NYC is 1000 USD ++. Surely the cheaper labor costs play in favor of the St. Regis in Bangkok, but if the St. Regis in NYC is the starting point, than this hotel has to have the highest Standards, if I was the Manager of this hotel and cant ensure that, I would quit my job. simple as that.

judging from the pictures in this post, the St. Regis NYC looks pretty worn and old.
@Kacee and @ daniellam do you have any suggestion for other top notch hotels in nyc. lets say up to a price of 2K usd with a service they wll never forget and new and great suites/ rooms?

thanks !
If you don't understand the inherent differences between the Bangkok and NYC hotel markets and a hotel built in 1904 vs. one built in 2011, I'm not sure any other advice provided in this thread will be very useful.

That said if you want more modern style rooms, I would look at the Baccarat, 1 Hotel Central Park, the Whitby, or maybe the Four Seasons Downtown. I would mention the Park Hyatt too, but I think their service level would fall short of your expectations. Unfortunately, $2K doesn't go quite as far as one might expect, although that should be enough to get at least some level of a suite at most of those properties.