FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wheels Up launches Wheels Up Connect flight sharing membership
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:04 am
Nicoolio
Suspended

Wheels Up launches Wheels Up Connect flight sharing membership

It says they want 16,000 Connect members by 2021

Connect Members will be able to access Wheels Up Community Forums via a member website and app. Forums are split between those that feature popular routes, high-demand cities and events. The way it works, a member can start a new conversation in the Community Forums, “I am flying from LA to Las Vegas next Friday afternoon, would anyone like to join?”

Members can also communicate directly with each other via an in-app chat function, to better coordinate flight details, such as departures dates and times. “I see you have availability on your proposed flight. I’m interested in joining you if you can leave at 5pm instead of 4pm.” If the members agree, voila, a shared flight that can now be booked, meaning the two members share the cost of the flight based on whatever they’ve agreed to. Wheels Up then handles the billing for each member group using their credit cards on file.

The cost of a Wheels Up Connect Membership is $2,995 and comes with a $500 flight credit. Renewal is $2,495, starting in year two. Benefits include access to shared flights, up to four Hot Flights (empty leg flights) per year, shuttle flights such as between New York and Nantucket in the summer, access to its signature events during Art Basel Miami, The Masters and the Super Bowl, complimentary FoundersCard Membership, and the ability to and the ability to use its Flight Desk for on-demand charter.
https://privatejetcardcomparisons.co...te-light-jets/