FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Almost 9 hours between flights
View Single Post
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:26 am
dlffla

Programs: DL 2MM, Plat; Marriott LT Titanium
Almost 9 hours between flights

I am arriving at ICN on Delta at 5:45 AM on a weekday and leaving for Singapore on Korean at 2:35 PM that day. I have a few questions.

First, I assume if I check a bag in Atlanta that it will be transferred to Korean without me having to retrieve it there and wag it around. Is that true?

My second question has to do with buying cosmetics. I use Amore Pacific which is great but high priced. Will I be able to buy it cheaper in Seoul, especially if I leave the airport during the time I am there and go into the city or will the airport shops be the same price as the city? If it is pretty much the same price, I probably won’t bother. I am not much of a shopper otherwise. I just found out about the transit tours. It looks as though I would have time for a two hour one so I may do that if the cosmetic shopping is not worth the trip.

Third, if I do not do the shopping and do not find a tour I like, is there enough at the airport to keep me interested (and awake) for the almost 9 hours? I am flying on a Delta One ticket so I assume I can use a Korean lounge while transiting. Is that a good assumption?