FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lost baggage /luggage delay, loss, damage - advice, compensation, etc. master thread
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:34 am
BOSishome

Programs: AA Gold
Dealing with a very frustrating issue right now...

I was on AA503 from PHX-DFW on Sunday afternoon. Somehow, my bag did not manage to make it on the aircraft despite me checking it in 58 mins before departure. Oh well, no big deal, it’ll come on a later flight. Upon landing at DFW, I have an email in inbox saying that my baggage would be delayed, setup claim, delivery, etc.

My bag ends up coming into DFW on AA1744 at ~9:30P.M. Cool, I’ll have it by morning at the latest... Not so fast, the bag is scanned as unloaded from the plane at 9:36, scanned at Baggage Claim A29 at 9:43... After that, nobody knows where it went.

It either 1) fell off the belt from the ramp to the carousel 2) got stolen off the carousel or 3) something else.

Being impatient as I am, I drive over to claim A29 at DFW tonight.. We go through the closets adjacent to baggage claim... Nothing there. I then suggest we call security to take a look at the cameras for evidence of theft. They come, look at the cameras, etc. No sign of theft (though some angles are/were obstructed). Anyhow, I file a police report with the DFW Airport police. I then call the baggage number and say that I have a police report filed. They immediately direct my claim to the central office (which isn’t supposed to happen till 5 days) and I should receive a call in the morning. Hopefully the squeaky wheel gets the grease on this one, otherwise I’m looking forward to a fat check from AA. Luckily nothing overly valuable besides some expensive clothes (but nothing too expensive).

Sorry if that came across as a continuous train of thought.. I’m fried!!