FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - E check in, late arrival means room choice is gone?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:26 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ctporter
I almost always check in online (or in app) and select my room. I always select a king, away from vending, and usually top or high floor. When I arrive at the hotel after 8pm I have found twice now that the room I had chosen is not available. Instead I am now assigned a double queen on the first floor next to the vending machine, and get a thank you for being a Diamond. If I arrive before 6pm my choices are honored. It is frustrating to say the least, and makes me feel that Diamond status means nothing when they need the room I picked for someone that arrived earlier than me. Since my trips are 1-2 nights at business class and I stay at HGI, Double Tree, and Hiltons upgrades do not happen.
There are two way to get assigned a room on a high floor. One is through online check-in, but the other is by setting that in your preferences. Do you have that set in your preferences? If so, that would two things they ignored, not just one, by putting on the low floor.