FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:12 am
ajGoes

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Kacee
You may find that if your eyesight declines with age (as mine has), these kinds of changes will have a materially negative effect on your ability to navigate the home page, particularly in low light situations. None of your commentary changes that very basic fact for me.
My eyes have deteriorated pretty significantly, so I understand the problem. My Android phone has a simple magnification option (disabled by default). You might want to try the iPhone equivalent. I know it's galling to have to use a workaround, but you might find this quite useful for a variety of tasks. My phone zooms with a triple tap; apparently it's a single three-finger tap on the iPhone. It's a nice feature which I use fairly often to compensate for another marketing-driven design choice: the curved screen edges on my Pixel 2XL. Checkboxes at the edges of the screen often don't respond to a tap; if I magnify the screen, they expand into the sensitive area. I also occasionally use it to blow up tiny text, though I have my phone set to a larger-than-standard font. This causes its own issues in some apps, including the old United one, by spoiling some screen layouts.