FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:56 am
ajGoes

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Kacee
Note the prominence of the marketing, and how hard it is to discern the function tabs at the bottom of the screen.
Looks like your phone has about the same resolution as mine — my screen looks almost identical. All I can suggest is that you ignore the ads and note the helpful icons on the navigation buttons at the bottom. And watch your blood pressure when, as will probably happen sooner or later, you accidentally tap one of ads. When you do, a single tap of my phone's Back button returns me to the home screen. I'm not an iPhone user but I think they have an equivalent way to go back.

I'm a software developer and I've often observed that people focus on whatever is less ideal in an update, often missing whatever improvements come along with it. This is a natural aspect of being human. It doesn't offend me that United has occupied temporarily unused space on the home screen with ads, so I don't focus on them.