FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United no longer forwarding luggage to SQ? {subsequent trip worked fine}
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:56 am
aki009

Originally Posted by AndyInSaigon
This is agent failure. I fly IAH-SFO-SIN connecting on SQ to SGN almost monthly (& did 2 weeks ago) Marrying the tickets is not a problem, getting the luggage tags to print is the issue. Most agents do not know what to do. I had a GS agent tell me once that she knows the system better than anyone & my luggage cannot be interlined to SQ. I have had others try to collect hundreds of dollars in baggage fees. I always got it done but no one would explain.

But luckily once I had an agent who knew exactly what to do & she gave me a quick look.

I have gotten into the habit of printing this on my SQ ticket in big red letters.
  • Go into SHARES
  • Select BAGGAGE
  • SGN segment (or whatever your destination)
  • H3 (Heavy 3, whatever you have)
  • 3 (bags total or whatever you have)
Works every time.
Hopefully helpful, but now the desk at the Reno airport claims to have approval to simply deny the interline transfer. We'll find out in a few weeks if I can talk some sense into them. I kind of doubt it.

In the meantime, I will be doing my best to let as many people as possible know about this.

Originally Posted by chavala

This happens to me about 50% of the time but I always get my way in the end. Next time make them call a supervisor and refuse to leave until they do.
It went from 0% of the time to every time over a period of a few years. The supervisor hid behind a "corporate approved" statement.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 11, 2019 at 11:44 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member