FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Goodbye/Bon Voyage to Air Canada
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:57 am
CZAMFlyer

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by 5mm
The question I have is why you have so much to say about AC without flying them. ???

I only pointed out YVR, because if you actual flown out of your home city airport, you would know this yourself.. BTW, YVR had baggage problems again today.
It's a well-known fact on this forum that Ken has never spent any time on Air Canada and has remained anchored to Vancouver his entire life without venturing beyond two bridges. <--- That, if it wasn't immediately obvious, was written tongue firmly in cheek. I believe Ken has indeed "actual flown" out of his home city airport.

I can relate to this, which may explain my defence of another member: despite gracing AC's cabins much less than I used to, I was a long-time Elite member, having come to them grudgingly from CP. I do fly them a few times per year on my regular biweekly domestic commutes, but never long haul, and I credit to another program. So why do I bother commenting? My reason is that it's because I've seen and done much of this before. I can see improvements AC has made, and I can critique that same old crap they've pulled for years decades. I can add perspective where we have entrenched camps of "AC is the worst airline ever" critics battling the "AC can do no wrong" apologists. And I invested a lot of time, effort and money with Air Canada - long before this new age of young tech flyers with overdeveloped senses of entitlement displaced the old guard - and perhaps feel a tinge of nostalgia. I'll let Ken answer to why he bothers commenting, but going cold turkey is sometimes easier said than done.

I have largely said bon voyage to Air Canada, but unlike the OP, am not in a location where I can cut ties with them completely.