FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MOBILE Flight Deck Secondary Barrier Galley Cart System
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:14 pm
Boggie Dog
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MacLeanBarrier
I'm sorry, but I don't see your point other than us relying on flight attendants--up to their 80s or later--and drink-carts to stop suicidal hijackers from diving into unlocked cockpits...

Again, remember that TSA directs TSOs to treat ALL passengers as suicidal threats--secondary barriers 100% stop such threats-- and trusts most, if not all, airport workers. Given special passes to avoid law enforcement "open and look" checks for religious food cargo:

https://www.whistleblower.org/press/...ty-breakdowns/
My points are that aircraft operated under FAA regulations do not fly with a shortage of Flight Attendants. The number is mandated and if there is a shortage the aircraft stays on the ground.

If a barrier cart is introduced then something that currently uses that space will have to be eliminated. What equipment do you suggest the aircraft doesn't need?

You claim the wire mesh barriers often fail, what evidence do you have to support that claim.

With 17+ years of using the Cart/Flight Attendant barrier in the books there has not been a single breech or failure.

Just because something seems like a grand idea and solution doesn't make it so.

When only one pilot is at the controls at altitude the pilot must be on oxygen. That eliminates the fentanyl potential of contaminating the pilot.

I go back to an earlier suggestion that the FAM rides in a cockpit jump seat. Problems solved at little cost.