FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA changes for Australia - seasonal reductions IAH/LAX, adding SFO-MEL
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:53 pm
DELee
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by docbert
Most if not everyone on this thread seems to have received notifications for the changes. Yes, it took a few days for some people, but that's for reservations that are months away that's not a huge issue.

And remember, for reservations not made through UA directly it's technically the job of the TA to make the notification, not the airline.
I really, really vehemently disagree. United has published not one word of this change anywhere - the only confirmation of any changes are from a separate source.

There's nothing on my Manage Reservations page that shows that the PNR changed:
Fine. Then go and view the trip page itself. Nothing there either that shows United has rebooked me and my wife on any flights:
And for sure, I will have to call UA since there's no earning info = which to me is an indicator that the PNR is still out of sync:
And, no, I booked this trip with my own little hot hands on United's website. So there's no one else to let me know that _anything_ has changed.

As soon as United touched and modified my PNR, it should have let me know across all of the devices/inboxes/etc. that it has on file for me. There's no if ands or buts.

I and other customers are having to play this stupid game because UA can't get its IT act together.

David