FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MOBILE Flight Deck Secondary Barrier Galley Cart System
Old Feb 10, 2019, 4:45 pm
Boggie Dog
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MacLeanBarrier
I've already met and meeting with more House and Senate offices to explain that the "wire mesh" 12-cable unit is not cost effective--which why most have been removed due to drink-carts and roller-bags always running into and breaking them. Too much downtime was a result due to the need to call 2 contractors to fix the 12-cable barrier and anchor it back into the bulkheads.

My barrier cart rolls off with a new one to replace it after landing--zero downtime.

The 12-cable system is also dangerous due to being exposed to the general passengers. It can be sabotaged with a simple metal tool or super-glue.

My barrier cart has an disturb-circuit alarm after it's stowed. It also collapses back into the special cart, stows and locks away with the standard drink-carts, and camoflages with them. Impossible to sabotage.

Finally, the 12-cable "wire mesh" system cannot stop firearms or synthetic opiod attacks with fentanyl or carfentanil. My barrier is bullet-proof and seals the forward galley.
and elephants fly.

What is the unit cost for your solution? Have you investigated what FAA hurdles you will need to clear.