FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will existing "Points Advance" reservations raise in price on March 5th???
Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:28 pm
sydneyflyer12

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
To all the people defending Marriott I would just note that when I made my points reservation, I confirmed multiple times that when the rates changed, my reservation's rate would remain locked in at that old rate. Multiple times I was told that this wouldn't be a problem and that I only needed to have the points in my account 14 days prior to arrival to ensure that I kept the old rate.

Intentionally misleading customers is illegal in about 10 different ways where I live and I'm sure it is wherever everyone else here lives too. Also note that fine print contradicting the overall public message (that the rate wouldn't change) does not negate the illegality of the practice.

Since making my bookings, I have made non-refundable airfare bookings for my trip. If this policy isn't reversed, I'm sure that I won't be the only one suing Marriott in small claims court. I can't speak for anyone else but I would certainly have a significant economic loss.

Last edited by sydneyflyer12; Feb 10, 2019 at 9:59 pm