FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Edition: Window shades up? Who controls / decides?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:41 pm
Proudelitist
Suspended

I am on the fence about this. On the one hand, your window, your control. And people SHOULD bring eyeshades..there is certainly more light than the overheads. People have reading lights, there is light from the galley, light from the seatbelt sign, exit sign etc. I recently did a TPAC in AA in J, window side on a 777, and even though they used the colored lights, my pod was still facing the dim purple recessed light.

On the other..I see no need for it on day flights of extended daylight time over the ocean. What is there to see but endless ocean, endless haze or endless overcast below?

And of course, if you are on the sun side, it is even more intrusive, sometimes making it hard to see the IFE, or even making you hot.

It's a case to case thing I guess.

Originally Posted by Medasa
. And if I write an airline review I’ll out those Pax, by name but at least seat number if I can manage it....nice the way we are addressed by name in the forward cabins.
Why? Do you think the airline is going to punish them? Or that it even cares?

Originally Posted by am1108
This reminds me of a overnight intl flight I took years ago. A couple sat in the window seat, one behind the other (i.e. 36A, 37A), and kept the shades down for both rows the whole time from takeoff to landing. As I like to look out from time to time it was horrible!
Want the window? Book the window.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 10, 2019 at 1:26 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member