FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Air stability through summer?
View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2019, 10:53 am
USA_flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Originally Posted by iahphx
Many of us who know about the airline business (and not just the airline frequent flyer game) have been saying for two years now in this forum that Norwegian would ultimately fail. And that's simply because their business model is clearly unsustainable. What we don't know is WHEN they will fail. That's difficult to predict for any business, and throw in everything "we" (USA-based commenters) don't know about European business practices, and we're left with nothing more than guesses. And that's still the case, although the end is obviously closer now than a year ago. I personally would not buy a ticket on Norwegian for future date travel. That said, I still think it more likely than not that they will be in business this summer. But it's certainly a material risk. If you're already holding a ticket, I don't see what there is to do now except "hope." It probably will work and, if it doesn't, THAT will be the time to go back to your credit card company and hope to get a refund.
I hope you're wrong for the sake of those with tickets and employees who rely on Norwegian for their livelihood.

out of curiosity, where do you think they've gone wrong?