FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Edition: Window shades up? Who controls / decides?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:10 am
Exleftseat

To preface, yes this subject will continue to pop up in regular intervals. I am a proponent of shades up. People sleep on buses and on bus stops with traffic around, on trains, in cars, lounging around swimming pools, on the beach in bright sunlight with noisy kids around, in shopping centers and wherever one can imagine and without any shades down or eye shades on. Everyone sleeps on the trains and subways in Japan, sometimes even while standing. So what is the attraction of flight that requires a dark tube? It's beyond me. Natural light aids in regards to jet lag and the incredible views to be enjoyed is beyond compare. When I fly home from the U.S. I leave at 11 a.m. arrive at 4 p.m., take the train, have dinner and a bath at home and am in bed by 10 p.m. for a perfect night's sleep without any jet lag symptoms. But then again, I didn't fill myself up with 3 or more hard liquor drinks either during pre-departure service. Plus I got a free view of the unbelievable Alaskan scenery, weather permitting. Long live the 787.