FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador Experiences 2019
Old Feb 10, 2019, 7:55 am
Raynyan

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam

InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Spire Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes, Very much,so.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked 7 nights Executive Room with Advance Purchase Rate, received Junior Suite “River View” on 2nd floor. But this room is partial river view, almost city view. And loud quarrel voice was coming from the next room in the midnight. So I asked duty manager to room change. Then moved to Penthouse Suite from 2nd night.

And after few days, I asked to up-sell to the Dom Perignon Luxury Suite.

How are the rooms?
[Junior Suite]
47sqm. Just only spacious than Standard Executive Room.

Video of Junior Suite :

[Penthouse Suite]
65sqm duplex style suite room. This room has unique balcony on the upper level. You can enjoy beautiful Amsterdam skyline from here.

Video of Penthouse Suite:

[Dom Perignon Luxury Suite]
This 102sqm iconic luxury suite room was originally able to configured divide by 55sqm Dom Pérignon Executive Suite and 47sqm Dom Pérignon Junior Suite. Full configuration is called Dom Pérignon Luxury Suite. As of 2019, only full configuration is sold in public. 2x bathrooms, 2x mini-bars, 3x Philips LCD TV, Fendy’s furnitures, Dom Perignon designed bathrobes and towels. This rooms can be connected to the next Standard Executive Room.

Video of Dom Perignon Luxury Suite :

How is the Club Lounge?
N/A
As of today, No Club Experience provided, but FOC breakfast.

What was your welcome gift?
Can of stroopwafles, Chocolate (first night at a Junior Suite), bottle of Dom Perignon Champagne, and a savory snack plate (after moved to the Dom Perignon Luxury Suite)

How was the mini-bar?
For in-fridge items, 2x bottles of Heineken, and 1x demi bottle of white wine, alcohol beverages are that’s all. And plenty of bottled waters, some small selection of sodas.

For open mini-bar, all demi size of spirits, red wine, and 4x nuts selections. Welcome letter said that open mini-bar is NOT free for RAs. To be honest, really confused. (RA credit is not applied??) I didn’t touch them.

Did you receive fruit in the room?
Yes, one of the most plenty plate I have ever received.

What was good and what was bad?
GOOD
++++++++++ Guest recognitions
++++++++++ Dom Perignon Suite
++++++++++ Delicious Breakfast with free flow Champagne
++++++++++ Friendly people from GM to housekeeper
+++++ Water pressure of shower
+++++ Level of housekeeping

BAD
——- Loud quarrel voice was coming from the next room in the midnight. (Even though this is not a hotel’s fault)
——- Tasteless Junior Suite.
— RA benefit information is not clear

Value for $ or Rewards Club Points?
Yes

Would you return?
Yes, Definitely. Here is really beautiful and excellent hotel.