FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada OTP Getting Worse?
View Single Post
Old Feb 9, 2019, 4:57 pm
KenHamer
Original Member

Originally Posted by rankourabu
And the majority of the other carriers flights originate from airports that never have weather such as ORD, EWR, LGA, MSP, DTW.... Clearly weather only affects AC hubs.

Can't wait to see January numbers after December showed AC 15%+ lower than anyone else in North America.
Even airports outside of the snowhelt can have frequent severe weather related issues. I remember sitting on a taxiing AA flight out of DFW just after a thunderstorm ground hold, and pilot announcing we were "number seventy four" in the line up.

And if it's all weather related delays because of where Air Canada flies, then they need to insert a massive does of reality into their published schedules. Air Canada pretending that winter flying is exactly the same as summer flying (while at the same time chastising passengers for not knowing that winter flying is completely different than summer flying) is hardly rational.

I mean I understand that people in Ontario are bewildered on those rare occasions when all the ground turns white. But to the rest of the world there's a reason why it's known as the Great White North.