FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seattle Snowpocalypse Feb 8-12 2019 Megathread
Old Feb 8, 2019, 3:08 pm
BenA

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Bowgie

Seattle is my favorite place to visit. I was going to go to the Chinese New Year Street Festival In the International District tomorrow, but I see it’s been rescheduled to March 2 due to “weather”. As it turns out, I made a rt flight booking for that date a few months ago.

My back-up plan was to take Link into downtown and park myself in Cloudburst Brewing, but now I get that Link may not operate. I’m not fool enough to be driving or riding on a road. It’s bad enough driving in San Diego when it merely rains.

I’ll check Sound Transit’s website before I go to bed tonight. It shows Link trolley’s operating status. Also, Delta and FlightStats. If either looks doubtful or non-operating, i’ll stay in bed on Saturday. No sense waking up at 5am to catch a flight that’s not going or arrive at an airport from which I can’t leave.
That festival is always great fun - certainly worth a visit! But yeah, it's definitely not happening tomorrow (nor is any other special event here).

The snow has started to fall and we're up to about an inch so far in north Seattle, which is slightly ahead of schedule from the latest predictions. So it's conceivable the storm could be in and out faster than expected - or it could also dump extra unexpected moisture and make things an even bigger mess. I think checking things in the morning and deciding whether to take the trip is smart. The beauty of the weather waiver is that I think you can always decide to cancel all the way up until the last minute with no penalty, so not a lot of downside to making a last minute decision tomorrow morning for you.