FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seattle Snowpocalypse Feb 8-12 2019 Megathread
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:36 pm
Bowgie

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by BenA

More to the point, absolutely nothing will be happening in Seattle. If you don’t mind me asking, what are you coming up here for? If it’s some sort of event, it will probably be cancelled too - almost everything I’m aware of happening tomorrow is postponed and most businesses have proactively closed. You may also find you’re stuck at the airport if you do make it up here - most methods of transportation will likely shut down, possibly including the light rail since it mostly runs at
surface level

Seattle is my favorite place to visit. I was going to go to the Chinese New Year Street Festival In the International District tomorrow, but I see it’s been rescheduled to March 2 due to “weather”. As it turns out, I made a rt flight booking for that date a few months ago.

My back-up plan was to take Link into downtown and park myself in Cloudburst Brewing, but now I get that Link may not operate. I’m not fool enough to be driving or riding on a road. It’s bad enough driving in San Diego when it merely rains.

I’ll check Sound Transit’s website before I go to bed tonight. It shows Link trolley’s operating status. Also, Delta and FlightStats. If either looks doubtful or non-operating, i’ll stay in bed on Saturday. No sense waking up at 5am to catch a flight that’s not going or arrive at an airport from which I can’t leave.

Last edited by Bowgie; Feb 8, 2019 at 2:26 pm