FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Most indolent BA flight crew ever?
View Single Post
Old Feb 8, 2019, 1:08 pm
MFCC

Originally Posted by HMPS
Time of flight should have NO bearing on service levels. Crew are given enough time to rest and be ready, by law. If they did not, why should the customer pay ? Are we charged less that the going price because we did not get paid enough ?! Such service neither should be based on class of service as CW or WT.
I've been trying to avoid commenting on this thread as 'MF vs WW vs EF vs LGW vs Any other airline' has been done to death on here time and time again. It's well established that BA crews are inconsistent, and this is even recognised from within the company.
I will say, though, that just because the rest periods we're given are strictly legal does not mean that they're necessarily suitable in all situations. If I operate, say, a LAS, PHX, SEA or DEN after doing 4 days of shorthaul immediately beforehand then yes - I will absolutely be knackered on the return sector after having just one local night downroute. There's an 8 hour time difference from these destinations and (like it or not) this will absloutely affect customer satisfaction levels. I cannot even put into words how tiring it can be sometimes but I completely accept that it's a job I choose to do.