FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wild speculation on UA's new strategy for Polaris, Upgrades and Award Space
Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:43 am
cesco.g
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting discussion in this thread!

Originally Posted by dilanesp
Is it possible that there is a significant preference for some consumers to fly UA internationally as opposed to partners, especially after the introduction of Polaris?
New Polaris seats and Polaris Lounges (at least stateside hubs) might add some draw.

Originally Posted by threeoh
I thought UA and LH coordinate fares and schedules on their TATL routes. Wouldn't the price differential come from inventory availability rather than fare difference? I.e. the UA flight is more expensive because it's at a more popular time, not because UA is filing higher fares?
Fare differences in JV are due to IM-driven booking class availability.
I've seen P0 inventory weeks out on wide-open flights, yet P never opened up and flights virtually sold out. Meanwhile, competitors sold seats at P-fare levels by the dozens, and were booked by my 1K friends (of small - medium size companies).

While we know, that Apple folks can take up half a business class cabin, it would be interesting to get an idea, what %-age of seats longhaul system-wide sell at heavy-discounted (40+%) fares.