FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - infant turning 2 on return flight day
View Single Post
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:55 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by liebermand
thanks thats encouraging! I'm going to call today to book with avios so hopefully the agent can understand the situation and advise accordingly. Obviously we dont want to pay a full return ticket for a child that just turned two, which is why I'm asking. Because if we do have to pay we'll opt to fly a day before she turns two. Personal issue is that we want her to spend her 2nd bday with family
I'm not sure you understand what I posted. The gate agent = (normally airline but might be an airport contract worker at outstations) employee responsible for boarding the aircraft at the gate, and positioned just before one enters the jetway or steps outside to board an airport bus to the aircraft at some remote stand is ultimately responsible. You would have contact with this person after you've dealt with the check in agent. In other words, calling in advance or getting past the check in agent at the airport on the day of departure doesn't necessarily mean that you will get permission to board the flight.