FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:18 pm
nov11

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by helvetic
But overall, I just really didn't like KL so will avoid the city in the future. Plenty of other better destinations in Southeast Asia (HK, Singapore, BKK to name just a few)
SG seems sterile to me. It's a very insta-worthy city, lots of great modern architecture, things run almost perfectly but sterile. Plus it's expensive BKK on the other hand is great for cheap massages, great food, and shopping

Originally Posted by barracuda93
KL is good for cheap 5* hotels and that's pretty much it.

By the way, Element is really nice. And Aloft not so much.
KL is great for its food (very local and more authentic than say SG) - you'd always hear Singaporeans coming to Malaysia for the food but not vice versa. And also KL has plenty of great rooftop bars (Vertigo @ Banyan Tree is fantastic).

Aloft and its breakfast is decent, especially for the price. I was upgraded to a huge suite (pre-Aug 2018) and found it to be excellent value (I paid around $60 USD). As a tourist, there isn't much around the area (other than the National Museum) but it's good if you are there for a quick night (to/from airport/train) and the immediate area around Aloft/LM/StR has great Indian restaurants if you love Indian food.

Last edited by nov11; Feb 9, 2019 at 9:24 am