FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Forum Lounge Thread (2019)
View Single Post
Old Feb 7, 2019, 1:55 pm
vernonc

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
We should get together and grab a drink if this bar is actually open. I arrive YVR around 9am on AC8056...

As for the Sheraton Grande, I will stay there. How late is the Club Lounge usually serving in the evenings?
I think they were closing up the Club lounge at around 10pm last time I was there visiting a colleague. Maybe they were not closing but just removing all the dinner options. I cannot remember which one but I think either the Westin or Sheraton is closing down, not sure when.
You might want to also consider the Grand Hyatt which is where I stayed a few times and which I really like. There is a covered walkway to TPE101 which apart from the great view has some very high end shopping a lots of restaurants incl the famous Din Tai Fun but as others have pointed out there will be a lineup. Bonus if you experience an earthquake while on the 101 floor which did happen to me :-). The Grand Hyatt also has some very good restaurants. You can also chose to visit the State museum (National Palace Museum) but be prepared to follow large groups of Chinese tourists with flag waving guides.
If you are brave soul, try a night market and bonus points if you try the oyster omelet or the stinky tofu. No need to ask when you get to the market, just follow your nose.

Last edited by vernonc; Feb 7, 2019 at 2:11 pm