FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Forum Lounge Thread (2019)
View Single Post
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:50 pm
Plumber

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
Originally Posted by Nitehawk
So in all my wisdom, I decided to make a weekend trip to Taipei to burn Eups. I’ve never done a quick intl turn like this before. I usually think those that do are nuts lol. If my seats deflate I will definitely question my decision making abilities. Leaving YYJ tomorrow arriving TPE Saturday evening, leaving TPE Sunday evening (to YYJ with a long YVR layover to go eat).

What at should I do? Where should I stay? Anyone else gonna be around? Last time I stayed at Le Meridien. Considering going to other way to Hsinchu. I like food, but not massive lineups. Maybe get some excersize hiking as well.
I will be in the INTL YVR MLL tomorrow till about 11:15 or so.....or may sneak out the bar in the concourse that seems to open at 10 am ... BUt I am headed to ICN, not TPE.

Personally I would stay away from Hsinchu, unless you just want to hang out at the Club Lounge at the Sheraton Hsinchu.

I often stay at the Sheraton Grande Taipei (the old LaiLai Hotel). It is right above the metro for easy access, and is a 1km walk away from the Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall, which is a great 2 km loop around early in the morning when you are up. It is a quick ride to the Tapei 101 area and a quick subway ride or taxi to a bunch of night markets. Plus the Club Lounge is aweome! Go to Din Tai Fung for their special xiaolongbao.... I know its a chain, but the Taipei locations are excellent!