FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Forum Lounge Thread (2019)
View Single Post
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:49 pm
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Paging @Plumber @24left @Transpacificflyer etc etc etc
You rang?

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
So in all my wisdom, I decided to make a weekend trip to Taipei to burn Eups. I’ve never done a quick intl turn like this before. I usually think those that do are nuts lol. If my seats deflate I will definitely question my decision making abilities. Leaving YYJ tomorrow arriving TPE Saturday evening, leaving TPE Sunday evening (to YYJ with a long YVR layover to go eat).

What at should I do? Where should I stay? Anyone else gonna be around? Last time I stayed at Le Meridien. Considering going to other way to Hsinchu. I like food, but not massive lineups. Maybe get some excersize hiking as well.
24 hours in TPE?

Ask @Plumber & Mrs Plumber. Last year, I arrived on AC 17 (at the time AC 11) and went through transfer security, got to the Infinity lounge, washed my hands, had some water, met the Plumbers and we all walked together to fly back on AC 18 (then AC 12). I had maybe 1.5 hours on the ground.

You have 24 or slightly less. So much you can do, depending on your mood, level of tired and weather I suppose.

EDIT to add: great suggestions from Plumber in post below. I really enjoyed the Chiang Kai Shek Memorial. We waited in line for over an hour for Din Tai Fung and gave up and went elsewhere.

Last edited by 24left; Feb 7, 2019 at 2:01 pm