FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: TARGETED offers (includes Mailers, eMailers and Matching)
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:34 am
oldmanbob

Received small bonus match.
Late December 2018, got the AA plat card with a 50 K for 3 k in 3 months, with 10 K for 6k spend in 12 months. I hit 3K spend within the first month, sent SM using workaround method asking for a bonus point match to a “better offer I had heard about”. My SM went unread for 3 days. 3 days later I sent request by CS chat.
My message, verbatim was:
I recently read that there is a different signup bonus offer available that awards 65,000 for 3,000 and 75,000 miles for additional spend. As I have just met the 3,000 minimums, I am wondering, if you could, as a one-time courtesy, if I could be matched / bumped up to the 65/75K offer? Thank you in advance for your assistance!
Chat said rep they will submit request and I will hear an answer in 7 to 10 days by email. Today, day 10 after the chat, I rcv’d snail mail letter dated 1/31/19.

The letter said, “We have added 5,000 AA miles to your account, this adjustment will be included in the total monthly mileage on your statement within 2 billing periods”. The letter went on to recite the original offer I had enrolled in for my application. Wish I had got the 75 total like some others, but I live and learn. I guess an extra 5 K courtesy miles is better than nothing, but I was hoping for more. Thought I would pass along as a DP.

My first month’s statement closes tomorrow. . I hope to see my 50 K plus the 5K.