FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Money Orders at Walmart (2019 - 2022)
Old Feb 7, 2019, 8:28 am
radonc1

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by BSpatula31
Last night I went to my extremely friendly WM and multiple CSRs said they were told by Corp to no longer accept VGC for MO or BB/Serve loads...I said okay and went on my merry way.

I'm in SE MI and run probably 25-30k through there a month between BB/Serve/MO. So its not a crazy amount.
I assume that the location you are in is either small city/town or rural. If that is the case, then pumping $25-30K worth of VGCs and MOs/Serve payments a month is probably a very significant amount of activity, especially if they know it is a single person doing it.

I look at my activity. (I am no big MSer). I spread $6-12K/mo over a 5 county area of about 8 WMs, thereby ensuring that each store only sees me several times a month and only for low amounts per month ($800-2000). I also am in the Midwest rural/small city region.
I get a glassy-eyed look from CSRs if I want to do $2000 of MOs in 4 swipes. For them, that may represent a month's salary. I have been turned down for trying to purchase that much in MOs.

So I am not surprised that you are getting blow-back. You may want to temper your purchases or spread your WM net out to lower your exposure. Just a suggestion