FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delhi IGI [DEL] connection/departure experience reports
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:57 am
hserus

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
https://www.newdelhiairport.in/airport-hotel.aspx

General Guidelines

Guest must have a departure from Domestic or International flight from Terminal 3 within 24 hrs. Valid International Airline Boarding Pass for onward journey is mandatory to access the International Wing. INDIAN VISA is not a prerequisite for passenger coming from an International Destination transiting through Delhi to next International Destination. Checked-in luggage transfer is responsibility of the respective airlines and information regarding the same can be obtained at the International Transfer Desk. Passenger can access the hotel with hand luggage after security check. The International Wing is located at on the 5th Floor accessible from the International Retail area. Transit Passengers can access our hotel after crossing the International Transfer desk followed by security check.

Mandatory
  • Accurate Flight Details (Arrival and Departure) are mandatory; failing which hotel cannot guarantee the reservation.
  • Maximum duration of stay should be within 24 hours.
  • Guest must have a departure from Domestic or International flight from Terminal 3 within 24 hrs.(Mandatory)
  • Connecting flight from International to International is mandatory to stay at International wing.
  • Guest can access the luggage at Domestic wing after security scanning.
  • Valid flight ticket within 24hrs from flight departure time is mandatory to check in at Domestic win.
  • Valid Boarding pass within 24 hrs of the flight departure time is mandatory to check in at International wing.
  • Post check-in Guests cannot leave the hotel premises till Departure flight.
  • Luggage transfer is responsibility of the respective airlines and information regarding the same can be obtained at the International Transfer desk.
No Show Policy

No shows amounting to the original stay charge (including taxes) will be charged for any reservation not claimed 60 minutes after guest's flight arrival or 15 minutes after the arrival time as advised by guest while making the reservation.

Cancellation Policy

All Cancellations made within 72 hours of arrival are subject to a cancellation fee of the original stays total charges (including taxes). Please call us at (91) 11 45252025/2026 or email us at [email protected] to amend your reservation.

Guarantee Policy

All reservations require credit card guarantee due at the time of booking.

Other Guidelines

Children 10 years old and under can stay with an adult when sharing existing bedding without any extra charge. Pets are not allowed.
Originally Posted by henry999
I am thinking about a plan whereby I would arrive on an international flight at DEL T3 and leave from there some 16 hours later, on a different itinerary. I think 12 hours in the airside hotel would do me nicely. However, it appears that you need an onward boarding pass to get to the hotel. Correct? The airline on which I would fly out allows online check-in at 36 hours before departure. However, there are reports that DEL airport does not accept mobile or self-printed boarding passes. Correct? So, if I need to get my onward BP at the airside transfer desk, in order to get through to the hotel, will I be able to do that in a timely manner, as soon as I arrive? Or will I have to wait some-many hours before they can give it to me? In that case there's not only no point in booking the transit hotel but I don't even want to contemplate the nightmare of sitting in the plastic chairs in front of the transfer desk for 8 or 10 or 12 hours.

The alternative -- e-Visa -- doesn't look much better. Expensive. Time to get out of the airport, to a hotel, back in the morning, check-in queues -- there wouldn't be much sleep anyway, in spite of the multiplied layers of hassle.

Any insights? Advice? Thanks in advance.