FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Money Orders at Walmart (2019 - 2022)
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:46 am
BSpatula31

Last night I went to my extremely friendly WM and multiple CSRs said they were told by Corp to no longer accept VGC for MO or BB/Serve loads...I said okay and went on my merry way. These are employees whom I've known the better part of 8-10 months and we actually sit there and talk for awhile assuming there is no line behind me.

Went to another WM after friendly WM turned me away and a CSR who had split payments in the past for me said only 1 swipe per transaction.

Went back to second store from yesterday this morning on the way to work. CSR had no issue loading Serve for $1500 and making a 999.12 MO.

It'll be interesting to see what a different CSR says when I go back to my super friendly store Sat morning. I basically know all the employees in the Money Center and they know whats happening. But its not encouraging when multiple CSR's said they cant anymore.

For what its worth, I'm in SE MI and run probably 25-30k through there a month between BB/Serve/MO. So its not a crazy amount.