FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex Serve master thread (2017-2023)
View Single Post
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:17 am
RedSun
Suspended

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
The reason I ask, is after reading many posts here and all over the internet there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why someone gets shut down. They let you transfer money from gift cards, they let you fund with credit cards, they let you pay bills, they let you transfer money directly to your bank, they let you transfer from card to card. They tell you you can load up to $100K per year. They could not allow any one or all of those things. I can see someone getting cut-off if they converted $100K worth of gift cards and transferred all the money to a bank account. Makes sense. But there are many cases I have read of shutdowns where they were doing around $500-1000 a month and using the card to pay bills. Is that not what the card is for? I am asking because I just received my first serve card. I want to move slowly and take what I can get without a shutdown. Just trying to better understand what AMEX true intention for this card is and what "use" they feel fits that criteria.
Common sense wins. Read its advertising and you know what this card is intended for. Actual practices are different stories.