FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travelling the world for 6 months... My sabbatical leave experience
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:41 am
palmanfr

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Qatar MCT-DOH Economy class

Just like MCT airport, I found this brand-new lounge to be a very pleasant place to spend some time before getting on a plane. But eventually, about an hour after I arrived, I had to leave to catch my flight to Doha…

The boarding gate was about 5 minutes away from the lounge and boarding started shortly after I arrived, around 13.00. The large outside views allowed me to take some nice pictures...

Boarding gate in MCT

My ride to Doha : A7-AHW Airbus A320

Oman air is at home here...

Oman Air dreamliner

Qatar Airways QR1139, November 21st 2018
MCT Muscat - 13:45
DOH Doha Hamad Intl - 14:35
Airbus A320 – A7-AHW – Seat 12D, Economy class, Emergency exit, aisle.

This A320 was equipped with lie flat seats, in 2-2 configuration in business class (called « First » class when flying within the middle east). The seats looked similar to the ones used by AA in Business class on their transcontinental service between JFK and SFO or LAX. But this time, that was not for me… I was booked in cattle class… Well, at least I managed to get an emergency exit seat, with some nice legroom.

Business class (called First on regional flights)

But for me this time, I was at the back of the bus... (or at the middle actually :-))

Emergency exit seats

Lots of legroom on this emergency exit row

The flight was pretty full in economy, some spare seats available in First.

All seats, including in economy class have in-flight entertainment and towelettes were distributed before departure by the crew, together with some headsets. We took off at 13.50, and we were given a snack (vegetarian or chicken pastry with a chocolate brownie) about 25 minutes later with a choice of drinks.

Because of the embargo on U.A.E and Saudi airspace for Qatari-registered aircrafts, we took the scenic route to go to Doha and basically flew along the Omani coast, but still above the persian sea and took a sharp left turn once we got above Musandan peninsula, towards Doha.

Snack offered on this MCT-DOH flight. Not much a choice of beverages...

The scenic route to DOH due to the U.A.E embargo

Our gate neighbour in DOH. Airbus 350-900 "OneWorld" livery

We landed in Doha Hamad Intl at 1425 and arrived at the gate slightly ahead of schedule at 1430

Last edited by palmanfr; Feb 7, 2019 at 2:22 pm