FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moxy London Heathrow Airport LHR, United Kingdom [Master Thread]
Old Feb 7, 2019, 3:20 am
BrightlyBob
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Wow, Corporate-Wage-Slave, that is one heck of a detailed review! Believe me folks, those photos represent fully my stay there 6 months ago. However there have been a couple of subsequent changes, which indicates Moxy is reacting to feedback. Firstly the business rooms with a kettle and a bed based desk, and a separate checkin desk has been built opposite the lift vestibule. I don’t see either of these as changes Moxy will make across the brand, but rather to deal with the fact that LHR is a very business-heavy airport with the cheaper Gatwick, Luton and Stansted cleaning up the leisure market. This means theres probably been a lot of business-travellers staying and commenting upon the lack of a desk and, as we’re Brits, a kettle! The new checkin desk is necessary because this hotel has so many rooms the bar simply struggled to check people in and out fast enough. Certainly both times I’ve checked in there it’s been extremely busy. I don’t see either of these changes making it to other Moxy’s though.

The styling and rooms are exactly the same (minus the mini) at the Stratford Moxy which is within 2-minutes walk of Stratford Tube station. Overall I like the concept and have stayed several times.