FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy on board: Experiences and reactions from BA's shorthaul economy service
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:47 am
MFCC

Originally Posted by streetmagix
BA540, Bologna back to London, 03/02/19. Very full A319

I decided to indulge in a nice JD and Coke, something I normally have in the lounge but the Bologna Lounge didn't have any Jack Daniels. I was in the exit row (10) with 8 rows of CE so I got served pretty quickly. The first card machine rejected my Android Pay outright, the flight member of the cabin crew mentioned that contactless was dodgy on that machine. I offered to get my physical card from my backpack but the other crew member got the other machine instead from the rear of the aircraft. This rejected my British Airways branded AMEX but worked with my Halifax Mastercard (both Android Pay). They both quipped how bad the machines were and apologised for the delay. I also overheard them saying they only had 2 of something loaded, possibly sandwiches. On a lunchtime flight. On a full A319. On a Sunday.

I might give it another 2 years until I try BoB again, it's not exactly an amazing experience.
I think that Android Pay doesn’t actually work with our machines. We’ve been told that sometimes the machine will accept the transaction and produce a receipt, but once on the ground and the payment has gone through it’ll be rejected - at which point it’s too late, so the crew shouldn’t have accepted this as a form of payment; unless something has changed! Apple Pay works fine.