FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - City National Bank Crystal Visa Infinite (USA); NY GA TN NV CA MA DC & MN
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:23 pm
robchow

Originally Posted by yao
Applied at City National branch in SF (150 California St) on Friday. They validated my parking which was nice ($7 for every 30 minutes, it took me an hour to apply). Received a call saying I was approved today (Tuesday). The banker said it would take 2~3 weeks for me to get the card in the mail, which seems oddly slow, especially if I have to spend $5k in 90 days.

Application itself took about 45 minutes and did not require nearly as much information/documentation as others have reported. They asked me:
  • SSN (obvi)
  • Married/single
  • Own/rent
  • Monthly rent/mortgage payment
  • Liquid assets
    • Cash
    • Brokerage/investments
    • Retirement accounts without withdrawal penalties
  • Non-salary forms of income (alimony, etc...)
  • Employer
  • Length of time at employer
  • ID (drivers license)
Oddly enough, they did not ask for my annual income, W2, pay stubs, or anything related how much I make. Maybe they are loosening their requirements? Or I just look rich? (jk, I do not). Prior to coming in, they did ask if I knew my credit score and I responded that I did not know exactly, but that it was 800+.

Hope this helps anyone who plans on applying!
Thank you for this. Did you schedule an appointment or walk-in? Did you have paperwork ready (statements and such)?

I won't be applying (most likely) until end of the year after my 5/24 spots are filled but would you mine sharing the banker that helped you?