FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:53 pm
DrAlex

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Alexsth2011
As an MVP gold, I should be able to still cancel my ticket at the boarding area after ticket on the app were scanned by TSA, right?
Can a GA help with this?

Also, if I had my bag checked in already, it could be a total disaster. Do I still have an option to cancel past check-point?
If you are not checking bags (but have checked in), this shouldn't be a problem. It's not like TSA does anything to communicate to the airline you are in the secure area. GA might be less willing to do it than a CS rep, but YMMV.

If you have a checked bag, it should/would just take more work. I had a situation last year where I was supposed to connect in SAN, but the inbound was late and I knew I would misconnect. AS put me on a direct DL flight AND got my bags retagged all from inside security at the CS desk. I would think if you have a bag checked and cancel they could just spit out your bag with an arriving flight or maybe one of the baggage agents could retrieve it.