FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch Beaver Creek, CO [Master Thread]
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:09 pm
mintcilantro

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
We got nothing in terms of elite benefits. The hotel claimed they were full on days of my trip (Jan 1 to 6). The app didn't show any rooms available other than 1 BR residential suites. You will have to pay resort fees.

The room is classic decor and nice but not over the top. The bathrooms are very nice. The ski valet is awesome. They help you put your boots on and will take your skis to the lift if you request. Restaurants can be slow if it's full. The wait time for food was very long. I waited one morning for breakfast and then I never ate breakfast at the sit down restaurant as I value my ski time more than a nice breakfast.

The parking fee is I think around $50 per night. It's not easy to get here without a car thoguh. The airport shuttles are more expensive than a rental car so it makes sense to do a one way rental from Denver to Eagle airport or to the Enterprise location in downtown Avon. You won't need the car while you are here. I think it makes sense to enjoy what this property has to offer rather than waste your time going elsewhere. The great room is pretty awesome. They had live music every night. The spa area is really good too. Overall the property is very good. They have paid a lot of attention to detail and the classic lodge architecture has been used even in the spa area and the railings for magic carpet.
There are some complimentary activities like yoga, morning stretch, cookie decoration. The shuttle service is really good and it takes you to the Beaver Creek Village area. I only went to Beaver Creek base area because I had a group lesson. Other days I took the lift outside the hotel and went to other parts of ski area.

There is a game room more appropriate for older kids and teenagers. They don't charge for the tokens. There is nothing for small kids though. This property wouldn't be ideal if you are coming with small kids. You would be better off staying at the Beaver Creek lodge (available on marriott points). The green slopes here might not be appropriate for people skiing the very first time.

I think it's a great use of 60k points per night if you are good skiers. Happy to answer any specific questions.