FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The oneworld explorer ticket FAQs
View Single Post
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:04 pm
scotbus7

Hi all,

New to the forum here! I joined especially to ask a question about potential fees incurred for changing the date/time of flights on a Oneworld Explorer RTW ticket.

It was my understanding that changes to the date/time of flights on the itinerary could be made at no charge, with the USD125 change fee only being applied if changing any of the actual stops on the ticket (i.e. re-routing). This is in keeping with everything I have read both on this forum and others, as well as on 'fare rules' documents I have found on the BA and Qantas websites through Google.

However, when I called to confirm and pay for my booking today, a member of the BA commercial team with whom I spoke informed me that the USD125 fee applies for any and all changes... When I challenged her on this (because I have literally never come across anything online that states this to be the case), I was informed that the reason is because of the class of my ticket (economy) being less flexible.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me? Have the fare rules changes in the last couple of years? Are the rules with regards to itinerary changes different for different travel classes?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

NB: I was hoping for some level of flexibility due to this being a backpacking trip... hence my concern.