FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:47 am
lamphs

Originally Posted by lamphs
I am so disappointed with this message. I had one night booked with St. R and then two nights booked with LM. While the St. R was very affordable, by US standards, I am a t-shirt/shorts kind of guy when on vacation. I generally don't care about what others think of me, but St. R is a bit over the top. The LM could not guarantee a non-smoking room, even with an upgrade. So the REN it is. I'd prefer a tower view over a suite being a solo traveler, but definitely non-smoking. thanks for posting the info so far. (I checked out W, JW, and the Majestic also. W and JW could not guarantee non-smoking rooms and the Majestic only had suites available as the base rate.)
I posted on the KL Renaissance thread. So far happy with my choice and I'll provide more feedback. Wide awake, so I thought I'd checkout the W bar. Glad I didn't stay there...i black Polo t-shirt and jeans are looked down on. Weakest G&T ever. And the bar tried to pull the dynamic currency conversion scam. I refused and the bar staff acted 'confused' as to why I wouldn't pay in USD...lots of 'consulting' with colleagues. Great view of Petronas Towers, though. Cab over to Aloft bar. Great view of Hilton, St. Regis, etc. Lousy service in that a large business group entered right before me, but all is good now. That statement was a bit unfair to the Aloft. It became fairly clear that the crowd (standing) blocked the view of me (sitting) and the crowd was rather demanding. The staff, once I was served, was excellent, and checked on me from time to time.

Last edited by lamphs; Feb 6, 2019 at 9:43 pm