FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:36 am
Land-of-Miles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Cielito_
I don’t know any ICs with „Club Experience“.
Marseille, Porto, Amsterdam ... all gone.

The whole T&Cs seem to be written by an amateur without logical sense.

Top tier should at least expect, what lower tiers are entitled to. Not with the new T&Cs.

Guaranteed upgrade subject to availability? This is a contradiction.

In fact every suite from cat-3 suite will be excluded or will only be granted when booking 1-cat below. So I won’t book any suites anymore and just take 2-cat suite when booking highest-cat non-suite, when I need a suite.

If e.g. all senior suites IC Berlin or exec suites in IC Dusseldorf are sold out, I will just book deluxe for additional 30€ and take happily the 10,000 points + Junior Suite / Exec. Room. Most of my stays are 1 night stays. Or just cut longer stay to 1 night when guaranteed room is not assigned upon arrival. No one is obligated to stay and accept mini compensation for 10-night-stay when guaranteed benefits are not provided.

In the past, I was so kind to rebook my reservation to the standard room by the staff when higher categories sold out. Not anymore, I can play that game of degenerated T&Cs too.
You are right about being badly expressed. Having thought a little more about this I can see some sense in it. That if there are no upgradeable rooms available at the time of booking a property cannot necessarily magically conjure one up. However if available at the point of booking the hotel should have an obligation to provide one (I see a series of interesting test cases ahead in the UK small claims court and others on this, from me if no one else if I get denied upgrades).

Another interesting point is that there are no equivalent weasel words in the Inner Circle Guaranteed Upgrade T&C's. Which is the only reason I was prepared to give the Kimpton Fitzroy another go now I am also IC.