FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH cancelation and rebooking rant
View Single Post
Old Feb 6, 2019, 3:32 am
8420PR

Originally Posted by SK AAR
The OP was not downgraded but was rebooked due to flight cancellation, albeit in a lower booking class.
While technically you are right, I am fairly sure it felt like a downgrade....

Originally Posted by xy31
A few items I am not entirely sure about, but mostly just wanting to write down my frustration.
I feel your pain. I'm a big fan of premium economy, but whenever something goes wrong (cancellation, missed connection etc) it seems the standard approach (on LH, AF, and DL in my experience) is to downgrade to economy and get you on your way as fast as possible.... It would never happen this way if you were booked in business class. I guess the reasons are small cabins (often fully booked) and the fact that PE is only available on a limited number of airlines. Still I would at least like to be given the choice of the next available flight in premium economy, instead of a straight rebooking into economy middle seat.

One thing you can do is download the LH app, or at least provide your mobile phone number in the booking. At least then you will know as soon as possible that LH has rebooked you, and can see the full details.