FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Manhattan (NYC) (from Oct. 2018)
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:33 pm
dcstudent

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Stayed at Tribeca twice in the last 2 months, and going back this weekend. Hotel is in good shape. Rooms are spotless. Staff is nice. On one stay they let me check in at 10am - gave me the choice of waiting for an upgraded room OR checking in immediately to a king standard. King standard was small, but bigger than most standard NYC hotel rooms. Bathroom in a standard room is a different story...barely able to turn around. Lounge breakfast was nice. Wine and beer in the evenings. (Didn't check out the food in the evenings on either stay). Too few elevators for the size of hotel but that's no big deal. Easy access to many subway lines (ACE just a few hundred feet away, many others on Canal a short walking distance in either direction).

Plus, no destination fee.

Look, it's no St. Regis. But for a Sheraton, it does a fine job. Especially if you don't plan on hanging out in the room.

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Those points haven't posted for anyone yet.

I have a 24 hr layover in NYC in early October. Not very familiar with the city but last time I was there, a friend took me for a walk along the High Line which I loved. I would do that again and some other touristy stuff, but no time for theatre. I will be flying in/out of JFK, but I think it should be fairly accessible to downtown via public transit.

I'm looking for a Cat 5 hotel with a decent lounge (will use a free night cert as the prices are insane for my dates). What I've come up with so far are:

Sheraton Times Sq (annoyed by $25 destination fee)
Renaissance 57
Sheraton Tribeca
Marriott Downtown (not sure about location and there is $15 destination fee)

Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by dcstudent; Feb 5, 2019 at 5:53 pm