FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Makeup-what goes in your 3-1-1 Bag? Makeup bag and...
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:14 pm
hipquest

Programs: AA, Marriott/SPG, AMEX
Originally Posted by freecia
I don't pack liquid clothing detergent as hotel shampoo or body wash usually works fine. I guess that could be difficult if you dislike certain scents or are sensitive to SLS. Solid shampoo often has SLS which my scalp does not agree with but hands can survive a bit of.

I've never seen maracuja or marula oil offered as a condiment but olive oil probably qualifies. I try to pack all consumables together and declare it all as the fine for not declaring food (even if it would be allowed) is pretty hefty. Biosecurity is mostly interested in fresh fruit, vegetables, meat, fish, honey, and nuts (growth viable) but they the form asks if you brought any food https://www.mpi.govt.nz/travel-and-r...-personal-use/ instead of a specific category.
Nor have I but I do buy by the gallon to use as bath oil and/or a body moisturizer. My dear husband just assumes if it's in the kitchen it is edible (which marakuja/marula oil actually is)

We are looking at doing a trip to the Southern Hemisphere next year and I don't want to make an error with products that can be confused with a consumabile use versus a cosmetic use. Is there a distinction between the two for declaration purposes?