FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - multi-day luggage storage at or near ORD?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:09 am
gobluetwo

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
multi-day luggage storage at or near ORD?

Hi folks,

Situation is that I'll be traveling out west for work on an upcoming Sat-Tue, but taking a day to go snowboarding at Tahoe. Will be taking along my board, so will have a large board bag (with boots, helmet, bindings, other gear). Would be taking redeye Tue night back to Chicago, arriving around 5am. Just found out I will need to be at another client that Wed afternoon through Friday.

Trying to figure out if there are places at or around ORD where I can store my board for a few days until I get back. Google doesn't return anything promising. Hilton is 12 hour limit (and probably just for guests). Safe Lockers is probably a $20 Lyft ride away and lockers aren't big enough for my snowboard. Otherwise, options are basically to take the board with me to Cincinnati or Lyft home/back (close to $100 round trip) during my layover of about 3.5 hours, minus however long it takes for my board bag to come out through checked luggage. Just due to the size of the bag, I'd obviously rather not take it with me, although it wouldn't be any additional cost.

td;dr - I would like to find a place to store my snowboard for about 2.5 days at or near O'hare so I don't have to lug it with me on a business trip, or spend close to $100 on rideshare going home and back just to drop it off.